Louis Vuitton, Prada, Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Armani, Burberry, Versace... the top fashion brands of the world are most of all Italian!
This is why, while you are planning your next trip to Italy you have to know that sales (or ‘Saldi’) are held twice a year: in winter and in summer. In winter they start around January 6, in summer around July 10th.
Sales discounts, depending on the shop, varied from 10% to 50%. Though it does not mean that everything in the shops was on sale, but most of clothes will be.
It’s also common that under the influence of hot discounts some people will buy more clothes then they actually need. Some of such clothes will remain in the wardrobe undemanded. Also, during the sales season there is a risk of wasting lots of time in the long queues and not finding the right sizes.
Here are some advises how to get the most out of your shopping during the sales season:
- Go shopping in the morning or during the week day. This way shops will be less crowded.
- Plan to shop during the first week of the sales season. This way you will find the best and most wanted items, and might avoid issues with lack of sizes. The only thing that you will miss is the maximum level of the discounts. Its only at the end of the season that discounts hit the top at 60-70%.
- Don’t be misled by claims promising 90% discounts. There is no charity. It might be just few items sold in the store at this rate, while the rest of the collection will be sold at more usual discounts rate.
- Discounted price does not mean always a fear price. Buy only what you need.
- Plan in advance which streets you will go shopping: in this way you will be more productive.
Otherwise if you want to buy fashionable clothes at affordable prices all year round, you can take advantage of the many Outlet Villages where the biggest fashion brands have private stores in which you will find clothes at very affordable prices, all year round.
Our last advice is: plan your Italian holiday in advance and ask us to insert in the tour a whole day shopping for you, by yourself or with your personal assistant.
Achive your happiness, with BESPOQE.